Sorter/Service Technician / Site Regional Technician
San Francisco, CA 94016
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Quickly and efficiently resolve customer issues to maintain maximum uptime.
· Maintain customer equipment by scheduling and performing regular preventive maintenance inspections on equipment;
· Work with support personnel to install new equipment and perform equipment upgrades,
· Properly control company assets by managing parts inventory and on-site tools.
· Maintain an exceptional level of customer satisfaction by communicating in a cooperative and supportive manner.
· promptly review service updates/bulletins and take recommended action on same, installation/retrofit instructions, system machine schematics, etc.
· Continue to enhance value to company by staying technically current, i.e. attending continuing education courses in such areas as: networking and software, etc.
· Respond to emergency and non-scheduled calls for service 24/7 within established response time goals
· Provide technical support and training to less experienced Site Technicians
· Look for new ways to improve the timeliness and quality of the level of service provided.
· Be knowledgeable in customer processes and procedures, including Sort plans, IMB requirements etc.
· Be knowledgeable in Postal regulations and paperwork. Have a full understanding of the methods used for generating paperwork and dispatching product.
Willing to travel regionally up to 125 miles for 1-2 days at a time
Primary function will be on call from 1800-0900 M-S with 3 hour response time for a
site in the Union City area.
· Primary On-Call Night Shift but flexible to work any shift including nights, weekends and Holidays
· Strong electronics/electrical background
· Solid mechanical knowledge
· Complete all company required documentation is a timely manner
· Ability to apply software skills and knowledge to our equipment
· Ability to use hand and power tools and measuring equipment i.e. oscilloscopes, DMM, etc. Ability to read technical drawing and documentation
· Full range of motion and unrestricted mobility.
· Ability to lift 50-75lbs.
· Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Good time management skills
· Strong customer relations skills
· Clear and concise verbal and written communications
· Ability to carry out detailed written and verbal instructions independently
· Ability to persuade/influence others in sensitive/confrontational situations
· Basic computer skills: DOS, Windows, UNIX Microsoft Office
· High school graduate or equivalent
· 2 year degree or diploma in electronics/advanced mechanics/software training
· 1+ years related industry/equipment experience
· Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Requires strong electronics background, understanding of computer program functionality and software troubleshooting skills. Associate degree a plus.
Additional Job Information:
· Shift work is required
· The site operates up to 7 days a week and most holidays
· Able to start immediately
· Competitive Salary
· Relocation Package available
Automation Technical Services is an EEOC compliant employer and follows all applicable Federal and State employment laws. APSTechnicalServices Additional Jobs at www.AutomationTechnical.com