Senior Software Engineer
201 W. Main Street , SUITE B26 Durham, NC 27701
Position: Senior Software Engineer - Full Time
Locations: Durham, NC | Remote
You will work with a dedicated team of scientists and engineers to develop and deployadvanced privacy tools.
The ideal candidate will work from specifications to build or modify
software applications, potentially participating in all phases of the product development lifecycle, from design and prototyping to execution and deployment.
They will assist with software architecture design and coding, as well as profiling, debugging, and testing code.
They will support deployment of applications in cloud computing environments and interaction with relational databases and/or Apache Spark.
Skills and Educational Level Needed for Success
Key requirements include the following:
• BS or MS in Computer Science (or a closely related discipline) from a regionally accredited
• 3+ years’ experience in software development or engineering roles.
• Experience with Python (especially common parts of the data science stack)
• Experience with Spark, SQL, and relational databases
• The ability to learn continuously and work independently.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
• Experience with Agile software development.
• Experience with one or more statistical programming languages (R, SAS, Stata).
• Experience with secure coding practices and secure systems development.
• Experience with web application development and front-end interface design.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or other cloud platforms.
• Experience with Unix/Linux.
• An interest in data privacy and understanding of issues with data privacy.