325 Hammerstone Drive Toccoa, GA 30577
Objectives (Description of Responsibilities)
The responsibility of the Quality Manager position develops, implements and manages quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production of advanced composite materials and applications (consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals). The position supervises a team of quality control inspectors and Engineers and will report to the VP of Operations.
Sole Responsibility / Assignments to be completed by the position:
- Ensures compliance to all TS and ISO customer and plant requirements
- Ensures compliance with the customer specific requirements
- Develops and manages plant quality policy
- Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes
- Manages measuring system. Production according to control plan, gage calibration according to customer or internal requirements
- Manages Document control and compliance to customer and TS requirement
- Writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Develops and implements the Quality led APQP activities specified within company process to assure quality from concept to production.
- Effectively interacts with Production and Engineering teams to maintain product supply and introduction of new products.
- Works directly with suppliers to ensure compliance of supplied materials.
- Works with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements for external suppliers
- Works directly with customers to support quality requirements.
- Writes technical and management systems reports.
- Brings together staff of different disciplines and drives the group to plan, formulate and agree on comprehensive quality procedures.
- Manages and maintains the Company’ s quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods.
- Sets Quality compliance objectives and ensures that targets are achieved.
- Assesses the product specifications of the company and its suppliers, and comparing with customer requirements.
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits;
- Heading team to investigating customer complaints includes root cause and corrective action
- Collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Facilitates analysis and coordinates activities related to process/system improvement projects. Continuous improvement activity
- Communicates with other managers to coordinate operations and activities.
- Determines staffing requirements to meet quality and delivery expectations.
- Maintains operations data and prepares quality reports for management.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of team engaged in quality functions – including inspection, analysis and training.
- Makes final determinations or dispositions related to non-conforming materials.
- Monitors indicators related to ensuring employees conform to production or processing standards.
- Implements measures to improve inspection methods, equipment/tool performance, product quality, efficiency and morale.
- Facilitates preparation and delivery of effective performance reviews.
- Communicates with employees and/or management to address employee suggestions or problems.
- Develops departmental budget and manages costs.
- Generates requisitions for materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services based on planned needs.
- Maintain PPAP documentation and signed off parts
- Schedule Customer visits on frequent basis
- The Quality Manager is the technical responsible person for CCC certification
The Quality Manager shall ensure:
- That the requirements of China' s Implementation Rules for Compulsory Certification of Motor Vehicle Products (for interior trim parts: CNCA-C11-09: 2014) are fulfilled and that the complete implementation is secured and adjusted periodically according to the given changes.
- That the CCC certified products at all times comply with the Chinese product standard (for interior trim parts: GB 8410-2006).
- That a process instruction exists, which regulates the labeling with the CCC logo.
- That a procedural instruction exists, which ensures that the CCC logo is not applied on either faulty, non-conforming or non-certified products, and not on such products that have been modified after certification without an adjustment of the certificate.
- That a CoP Control Plan is created and implemented
- That any relevant changes are announced to the Chinese Certification Authority
Other Main Duties:
- May be required to travel
- May be asked on occasion to perform other duties at a lower level or higher level of proficiency or not related to this classification.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the work area
- Behave in a positive manner that enhances the success of the company
- Other duties as assigned by VP
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Quality or related field desired but not mandatory.
- Proven working experience as a Quality manager in the Automotive Industry.
- Experience with an Automotive manufacturer such as BMW is desirable.
- Proficient in standard logistics software.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects.
- Must be productive in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Excel, and Microsoft programs.
- Available for occasional travel including International.
Salary and Benefits
- The hours for this role are Full-time, Permanent
- Retirement benefits include 401K
- Insurance benefits include Dental, Health, Life, Disability and Vision
- Salary to commensurate with Skills, Knowledge and Experience.
Automation Technical Services is an EEOC compliant employer and follows all applicable Federal and State employment laws. APSTechnicalServices Additional Jobs at www.AutomationTechnical.com