14055 US Hwy 19 N , suite Clearwater, FL 33764
The Senior Quality Engineer develops and maintains the Quality Engineering programs designed to ensure continuous successful production of products consistent with established customer requirements and standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors and/or Quality department personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in developing and maintaining an attitude of Continuous Quality Improvement throughout the organization.
- Assists in formulating and maintaining Quality Objectives and coordinates objectives with Upper Management and other Department Managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Involved with the planning, organization and promoting of training activities related to product quality, reliability, customer requirements and IATF 16949 development / maintenance. Assists in training associates in product testing, inspection, and/or any technical subjects specified by the established departmental training needs.
- Development of new product programs / procedures as well as redevelopment of existing product programs / procedures to ensure quality system robustness and process reliability and capability.
- Analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Provides leadership to the APQP team per IATF 16949 requirements and the advanced quality planning activities. Coordinates the transition of the APQP information into the PPAP and Job work instructions by designating the responsible Quality Engineer and supervising the activities.
- Reviews completed PPAP packages and verifies compliance to customer and IATF 16949 standards. Submits PPAP to Engineering, Sales, and Quality Assurance after approval sign off.
- Reviews and dispositions supplier PPAP submittals. Supervises and implements supplier development activities
- Establishes adequate communication with customers to assure a thorough understanding of customer requirements and transmit this information internally as required.
- Provide technical support for the shop floor inspection team, final audit, and receiving inspection.
- Investigates and responds to customer, as well as internal complaints regarding Quality. Directs investigative and correlative dimensional studies.
- Assists the MRB team in non-conforming product disposition. Leads team in the development of Corrective Action Responses both internally and externally. Assures timely resolution of corrective actions to customer requirements.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements training activities. Assists Quality Management in establishing departmental training needs.
- Adhere to allSafety Procedures and Accountabilities
- Perform other tasks as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor' s Degree in Engineering or equivalent preferred; six years related experience in the Automotive industry and / or training in the manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of experience and education desired.
- ISO-9001 or IATF-16949 quality systems auditing experience preferred.
- Pursuit of ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) required. Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) certification and/or ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) certifications desired, Black Belt preferred.