1300 Airport Ball Ground, GA 30107
Automation Technical Services
Quality Engineer- D&S
The Quality Assurance Engineer plans, coordinates, and directs the applicable areas of the Quality Management System designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. Works closely with LNG Line.
What Your Day-to-Day Activities Will Be…
- Ensures compliance with appropriate regulatory standards
- Distribution and storage of cryo fluids
- Performs and coordinates internal audits/training to ensure continuing compliance with Quality System Standards (ISO 9001/14001) and the manufacture of safe products.
- Intimate knowledge of TS 16949
- Performs statistical analysis of production process and report findings.
- Improves Quality processes for increased efficiency and reduction of factory escapes.
- Utilizes internal and external supplier performance data and works directly with key suppliers on improving quality of purchased materials.
- May direct employees engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Assembles and certifies documentation/vessels for Code and customer compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Quality Assurance Manager.
- Assists in budget planning and implementation
- The Quality Assurance Engineer may directly supervise the employees in the assigned section of the Quality Assurance Department.
- Responsibilities may include training employees; planning; assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Your Professional Experience Should Be…
- Working knowledge of DOT, Transport Canada, EN, ASME and ASTM standards are desirable.
- Experience in process improvement, supplier quality assurance, welding of ferrous metals, destructive and non-destructive examinations, and supervision are a plus.
- Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to problem solve; compose reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Fundamental knowledge of calibration of measurement devices.
Your Education Should Be…
- The ideal candidate will have a four year college degree and three to five years related experience in regulated quality systems in a manufacturing environment.
Your Physical Work Environment Will Require…
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.