Process Improvement Engineer
Lawrenceburg, TN 38464
In response to growth, we are currently in the process of adding to its Technical Group. We are looking for an individual who complements our culture of self-development and has an aspiration to make a significant impact.
The role of the Process Improvement Engineer will be to support MityLite’s product manufacturing and perform product testing during the development phase, as well as perform research and equipment evaluations to develop technical documents as necessary to support the Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Maintenance groups. The candidate will have interactions throughout the site, including, providing support for the Maintenance team on trouble shooting and on new equipment as requested.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Factory Leadership in Safety, process improvement and machine / fixture design
- Lead process improvements and implement change to continuously compete in our markets
- Performmanufacturability testing on new product designs with emphasis on:
- Assessing selection of raw goods used in the design and providing feedback or alternative recommendations for commercially available options
- Assessing the feasibility to manufacture the product in conjunction with the Manufacturing and Fabrication Engineering team
- Specify critical parameters to be measured by the QC/Inspection team
- Generate SOPs to support production processes and equipment design, for new products
- Interface with the ERP system to support product development, Microsoft NAV preferred
- Provide effective team and project management duties and achieve project completion timelines
- Maintain strong relationships with third-party customers and suppliers, internal and external.
- Think and act analytically to achieve effective solutions, with exceptional attention to detail and ability to solve practical job related problems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of experience
- Project Leadership / Project Management is an asset
- Proficient with SolidWorks and the Microsoft Suite of software
- Skills in developing effective working relationships with all levels of production and management
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative style.
Automation Technical Services is an EEOC compliant employer and follows all applicable Federal and State employment laws. APSTechnicalServices