8915 Maislin Drive Tampa, FL 33637
The available Project Manager position will be responsible for managing process system projects for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
This position will involve managing projects from quoting through commissioning including the timely completion of proposals, project schedules, process design, P&ID development, equipment specification/sizing/procurement, installation supervision and on-site start up commissioning.
Candidate will perform the following specific duties:
- Manage Projects from quoting through commissioning
- Manage bid preparation, including material take offs, supplier quotes and coordination with her Company resources
- Prepare detailed technical proposal packages
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management
- Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies
- Provide customer liaison and coordination for projects
- Manage all personnel and subcontractors assigned to projects
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations
- Responsible for overall performance of projects
- Control project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts
- Change order estimating
- MS Project schedule development
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) and Flow Diagram development
- Equipment Layout design
- Perform hydraulic flow calculations
- Perform Thermodynamic calculations
- Equipment specification
- Design and modify AutoCAD drawings
- Coordinate shop fabrication to meet design specifications
- Size, design and manage fabrication of modular systems
- Material and equipment submittals, procurement and delivery coordination
- Maintain all project files: submittals, shop drawings, equipment schedules, as-built drawings, punch lists
- Generate closeout documentation including QA / QC packages and O&M manuals
- On-site start up commissioning
- Experience in the sanitary food, beverage and pharmaceutical industry preferred
- - Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- - Candidate is expected to quickly develop strong problem solving skills for troubleshooting systems
- - Candidate must have excellent communications skills, work well in a team environment and be self-motivated
- - Up to 20% Travel
- Our Client is an engineering firm with offices in Tampa, Dallas, San Antonio and Los Angeles. Our primary focus is in food, beverage and pharmaceutical processing.
- They provide process design, automation/controls, distribution sales, installation and commissioning of process systems including Clean In Place (CIP) systems, pasteurization, aseptic systems and sanitary processing.
- They offer a dynamic work environment with opportunities for training, hands-on experience and the application of detailed design principles.
- You will have the opportunity to work on projects from conception to implementation with varied responsibilities providing a broad range of experience.
- Group Medical Insurance, 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance and competitive pay commensurate with experience.
Food and beverage experience is required
Planning and process design and verification is required.
Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline (Engineering preferred)
Automation Technical Services is an EEOC compliant employer and follows all applicable Federal and State employment laws. APSTechnicalServices