clearwater, FL 33764
The Automation technician is responsible for the building, debug and maintenance of mechanical pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical components of automation machines and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build & Programming of new automation equipment including but not limited to Electrical Test Machines, Pick & Place, Weld, X-Y Table Integration
- Reviews project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, and objectives.
- Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors.
- Must be able to install, maintain, and troubleshoot Press controllers, Press Safety Equipment, Die Protection Systems, and Programable Logic Control Systems.
- Analyzes indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives and modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications.
- Visually inspects machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem area.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of automation systems.
- Realigns and adjusts components.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- Repairs broken parts; sets up and operates metalworking tools such as drill press or surface grinder to make or repair parts.
- Practice good housekeeping and maintain a clean work area to minimize the risk of personal injury, equipment damage, or the manufacture of non-conforming product.
- Follow safety rules as outlined in the Associate Handbook.
- Proper use of materials and related safety equipment.
- Identify and communicate any unsafe equipment or working conditions.
- Work overtime and shift work as required.
- Show willingness to share acquired job skills with team.
- Work independently, if required with minimum supervision or as a team member.
- Promote a team environment with a positive attitude.
- Participate in quality system and continuous improvement requirements.
- Adhere to all Safety Procedures and Accountabilities.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Four years related manufacturing experience, automotive industry preferred.
- Understanding of manufacturing quality systems preferred.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Team Oriented Problem Solving 8-D Format Training desired.