325 Hammerstone Drive Toccoa, GA 30577
Objectives (Description of Responsibilities)
The responsibility of the Manufacturing Superintendent is to provide direction and leadership for all departments on 2nd or 3rd shift. This position will ensure all objectives for customer satisfaction and expectations are met according to established standards. They will perform the assigned tasks according to the direction of their manager. The Manufacturing Superintendent will report to the Operations Manager.
Sole Responsibility / Assignments to be completed by the position:
- Understands, complies, and enforces the Key Performance Indicator measurements, TS 16949, Continuous Improvement
- Understand production processes, requirements, prioritize, make decisions, and allocate resources to meet departmental and company production goals.
- Supervises and Trains production associates for growth and development by ensuring associates are qualified and trained in assigned position.
- Direct production by regulating, coordinating, planning, assigning, resolving problems, disciplinary action, and assuring compliance with company safety, work procedures, housekeeping, and preventive maintenance.
- Monitor and Evaluate performance of team leaders and associates through, constructive feedback (incl. written reviews, and corrective counseling, etc.), support to meet expectations, maintain open door communication, and promote an issue free environment.
- Represents the team by reviewing and relaying important information, make necessary inquires to expedite projects in areas (such as manpower, project status, process changes/problems, customer release complaints, etc.), manage, and assists team/department to achieve goals and process information (productivity, scrap work, accident reduction, etc).
- Facilitate team meetings (communication, safety, etc.) using problem solving techniques, maintains minutes, and follows up on action plans to direct production operations and department to be in compliance with all company, division, and customer quality requirements.
- Promote efficient production methods by assuring work instructions, gages, and all required documentation are in place as well as initiates and direct procedures to increase company quality and output.
- Analyze operations, overseeing new job set ups, analyze machine/equipment malfunctions, and make necessary adjustments where needed.
- Report results of the shift in a specific and complete manner (incl. time and reporting employee hours, machine malfunctions, etc.) to promote shift to shift communication
- Develop and build teams to meet customer demands and satisfaction, solve internal process issues, and implement and monitor continuous improvement.
- Monitor and evaluate department' s operating results in support of plant' s business plan.
- Ensure and support good housekeeping and safety practices
- Establish department goals with relevant measures. Ensures corrective actions are taken for any applicable non-conformances.
- Communicate to department personnel regarding department and plant activities and issues in accordance with Company Communications Policy
- Supports and complies with established Company' s Mission, Vision, and Values statements
- Ensure department is compliant to TS-16949
Other Main Duties:
- Maintain effective communication with all other departments and locations
- Hands-on in production area as needed
- Behave in a positive manner that enhances the success of the company
- Be the “ go to” person for the team through clear information and motivation
- Participate in production meetings
- Accurately complete appropriate paperwork and/or enter into computer as required
- Assist in the training of new employees
- Continuous participation in improvement of processes and procedures
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the work areas
- Supports staff to ensure all regulations regarding order and cleanliness are complied with throughout the company.
- Contributes continuously to improve processes, procedures, operational figures, and informs the manager about suggestions for improvements.
- Other management assigned tasks, as required
Good verbal communication skills
Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft programs
Excellent attention to detail
Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills
Five to eight years of experience in injection molding, painting, automotive industry
Three to five years of management experience
Be a self-starter and work independently
Must be productive in a team environment
Must be able to sit, stand, walk for extended periods of time
Required to work overtime as scheduled
Available for occasional travel including international
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Automation Technical Services is an EEOC compliant employer and follows all applicable Federal and State employment laws. APSTechnicalServices Additional Jobs at www.AutomationTechnical.com