Manufacturing Engineer/ CNC Machinist
Huntersville, NC 28078
Automation Technical Services
Summary: Responsible for programming and oversight of all programs in Mastercam for CNC machines. (lathes, mills, 3, 4 & 5 axis)
This person is
- responsible for all programs, procedures, fixtures, and set ups for all machines.
- responsible for the efficiency of the machines and the optimization of programs.
- will provide technical guidance on machining, run times, quotes, tooling and machine purchases.
Some of the duties include
- Develop CNC programs and manufacturing processes in Mastercam for multi-axis CNC milling and lathe equipment based on engineering drawings and models.
- Configure tools and ensure efficient operations.
- Design CNC fixturing and work holding components as required in SolidWorks or other CAD program.
- Assess project and resource requirements.
- Ensure that the proper equipment is on hand and ready to meet productions demands.
- Optimize the set up and efficiency of machines by training set up personnel and overseeing their work.
- Set up machines.
- Organize the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment. Manage and track equipment and prevent maintenance activities.
- Keep abreast of new technology that can be used in the production process.
- High School
- Minimum 10 years CNC lathe and mill experience in a production machine shop.
- 5-10 years Mastercam programming experience. Would consider Gibbs/CAM.
- 5-10 years FANUC control experience
- Production experience on horizontal mills preferred.
- 5-10 years set up/machine integration/fixturing experience on multi-axis CNC machines
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to mentor and teach programming and machining skills to staff.
- Comfort and abilities to work with engineers, customers and President of company.
Automation Technical Services is an EEOC compliant employer and follows all applicable Federal and State employment laws. APSTechnicalServices Additional Jobs at www.AutomationTechnical.com