Elkmont, AL 35620
Provide manufacturing support through various manufacturing engineering disciplines to ensure products are manufactured in accordance with proper processes, methods and routings, design and implement new or revised methods of manufacturing to reduce costs of operations, prepare cost estimates and routings for new processes and new products.
- Analyze and specify new processes and equipment necessary to accommodate plant manufacture of all new and existing products.
- Ensure the continued effectiveness of existing machine assets through equipment/process maintenance and replacement suggestions.
- Proved financial justification and timelines for implementation of new projects.
- Validate process improvements through trails, analyze using measurement and statistical methods.
- Hands on support as needed for development/troubleshooting including machining trails and tool design at manufacturing location.
- Plan and organize projects to see that they are completed as scheduled.
- Travel to Snap-on Tools manufacturing locations and vendors to observe equipment or processes.
- Personal development.
- Provide personnel training in areas machine operation, maintenance, and safety.
- BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering.
- Extensive CNC programming experience, cutting tool selection, preferably a minimum of three years.
- CAD experience, Catia, or SolidWorks.
- Proficient with computer applications, Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with verbal and written technical communications is mandator. Strong interpersonal leadership skills required.
- Must be able to separate needed facts from large amounts of data and opinion, and arrive at a logical solutions option.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desired characteristics: Integrity, problem solving skills, conscientious, innovative.
- Travel will be less than 25%.
- Minimum of two years manufacturing plant experience in a metal machining environment.
- Familiarity with MRP systems to create/maintain BOM, shop routings, and cost data.
- LEAN Manufacturing and/or six-sigma experience.