GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
This position is responsible for the Kraft pack paper, shims and top plates before the pressing operation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (the job is not as difficult as the job description implies)
- Remove top plates from each book in a timely manner to assist the automated breakdown operation.
- Build and count Kraft paper, parchment paper and used Kraft paper to make the standard cushion package for the book.
- Place the right size of paper for the correct plate to be build-up in the room.
- Add this package in a timely manner to assist the breakdown and build-up operators to complete process.
- Block the book with the proper technique to avoid slippage.
- Able to operate the elevators/machine to manipulate books.
- Assist other operators to ensure timely build-up or breakdown of product.
- Cross train in other areas.
- Assist other operators to ensure timely shipment of product.
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned work areas including equipment, tools, and work surfaces.
- Use Lean/Six Sigma Methodologies to improve the process.
- All employees will be required to participate in training and continuous improvement events.
- Ability to work within a company registered/compliant to National and International Standards and Requirements, and contribute to those standards and requirements. For example: ISO, EICC, OSHA, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Meet all safety, quality, production and on-time metrics.
- Be a driving force on all plant initiative projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
Automation Technical Services is an EEOC compliant employer and follows all applicable Federal and State employment laws. APSTechnicalServices Additional Jobs at www.AutomationTechnical.com