Distribution Center Manager
2145 Pelham Pkwy Pelham, AL 35124
In this role you will be a Distribution Manager, that works with the Calera distribution and transportation teams on operational planning, providing front-line support related to the multiple facility operations. At times, you will be involved with initiatives and complex cross-functional projects and/or programs that focus on continuous improvement of the DC systems, operations and facilities.
As a working leader, you will manage all day to day activities, which encompasses multiple administrative, clerical, front office and floor duties. Additionally, the DC Manager leads and/or participates in the daily floor activities and supports the team in all aspects of the operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Business Optimization
- Under minimal direction, manage and oversee day to day operations
- Manage multiple sites and activities necessary for successful execution of project(s) and ensure these are completed as necessary to tie in with the overall project result
- Direct leaders, with focus on cost saving, cost avoidance, process improvement and productivity improvement across multiple warehouse facilities
- Identify facility design requirements based on activity levels, product dimensional profiles, product flow and transportation methods and needs
- Develop and implement production time studies, head count analyses, downtime analyses, efficiency improvement plans, warehouse slotting and SKU velocity analyses
- Identify bottlenecks and improve flow; analyze inbound, outbound and inventory operations to create and maintain optimum distribution operations
- Perform value stream mapping, process improvements and standardization across all sites
- Work with our vendor partners to identify operational equipment needs and solutions
- Use data to define and build KPI and metrics reporting for senior leadership
- Understand the underlying challenges of the opportunity and design solutions that address the customer’ s short and long-term needs.
- Consultation/Customer Service
- Builds trusting relationships by acting as an ambassador of the distribution to the network, in addition to external customers and suppliers
- Collaborates with management to proactively identify and/or resolve issues in a timely manner
- Occasionally research industry trends and provide feedback to the team on innovation, to maintain competitive with industry standards
- Understands how to leverage departments within the warehouses, other modal teams, and Customer Shared Services teams
- Strong leadership capabilities and the ability to cultivate a collaborative, innovative, results-oriented team with a high level of accountability and cross-functional partnership.
- Strategic vision with the ability to focus both on short-term and long-term objectives.
- Strong operational and process-oriented focus to help the team prioritize and execute flawlessly.
- Business acumen and analytical capabilities; ability to use data-driven insights to make decisions and evaluate risks and opportunities.
- Matrix management skills; ability to collaborate and influence across the organization.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading a team in distribution, transportation or related field
- Working knowledge of Transportation Management Systems (TMS), SAP, WMS, Inventory management
- Experience coordinating business unit demand and supply planning functions to support capacity planning and all order fulfillment requirements.
- Applicant must have a proven track record challenging status quo and implementing change management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Pivot tables and functional capability with the other applications in Microsoft Office and WMS
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business, Supply Chain or equivalent related work or military experience
- Minimum 5 years senior management experience, including extensive supply chain process expertise
- Deep experience in the continuous improvement, Inventory and safety of multiple warehouses / facilities
- Master’ s degree desired but not required
OTHER JOB-RELATED REQUIREMENTS
- Travel: This position may require some domestic travel.
- Third party logistics experience
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and management skills to include the ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt designation
- Knowledge of and ability to analyze financial statements
Automation Technical Services is an EEOC compliant employer and follows all applicable Federal and State employment laws. APSTechnicalServices Additional Jobs at www.AutomationTechnical.com