5225 Us-411 Cartersville, GA 30120
Position Overview: This position will manage the supportability, ownership, and oversight of locally deployed automation and control
Additionally, this position will provide tangible value through process improvements identified by process awareness and data analysis.
- Collaborate with the plant to determine greatest needs and areas of entitlement.
- Design and manage the implementation of capital and process improvement projects.
- May not only include the controls portion of the project but the electrical power, and mechanical portion as well.
- Maintain and enforce corporate electrical standards and code requirements.
- Assist with local oversight and long term ownership corporately managed projects.
- Ensure supportability of all automation solutions. This includes management of drawings, documentation, procedures, source code, spare parts, obsolescence awareness, and availability of third party support.
- Work and other Automation Engineers to share knowledge and leverage resources.
- Mentor, evaluate, and develop local plant technical resources.
- Must be able to follow and write advanced PLC logic in accordance with Electrical standards.
- Must be able to design, install, configure, and troubleshoot PLC hardware across multiple platforms.
- Must be able to research new technologies and evaluate for application.
- Must be able to install and configure PC hardware and control software.
- Must be able to design and develop HMI user interfaces, commission and troubleshoot on PC and dedicated touch screen devices.
- Must be able to install and program ancillary equipment such as digital timers, counters, PID loop controllers, etc.
- Must be able to design and commission AC motor control systems which include VFD’ s, soft starts, starters and servos communicating over industrial networks and fieldbuses.
- Must be familiar with the operation and be able to troubleshoot AC, DC and servo motors.
- Must be familiar with advanced test equipment, including oscilloscopes, power monitoring devices, etc.
- Must be able to write moderate to advanced software applications for accessing and manipulating data from central data storage and process/logic controllers.
- Must have a moderate to advanced understanding of industrial electrical best practices and regulatory codes including NFPA 70 and NFPA 70E.
- Must have a moderate to advanced understanding of single and three-phase power and power distribution.
- Must be able to design optimal power distribution systems.
- Must understand power factor, harmonics, fault current, and arc flash, and incorporate these considerations in the design.
- Must have a moderate to advanced understanding of AC single and three-phase, and DC motor theory.
- Must be able to select a motor for an application based on speed, torque, turndown, and other criteria.
- Must have a moderate to advanced understanding of machine safety and safety systems including guarding, safety categories, and performance levels.
- Must be familiar with network theory and be able to troubleshoot all industrial networking protocols which includes but not limited to Ethernet/IP, Profibus, Profinet, Canbus, DeviceNet, etc.
- Engineering Bachelor' s Degree and previous automation related experience
- Must be able to run capital and process improvement projects in a Project Manager role.
- Must possess strong business and communication skills.
- Must have strong management and leadership skills.
- Ability to function effectively in teams
- Must have a strong understanding of business financing and budget planning.
- Must have the ability to interface with all levels of users throughout the organization.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
Automation Technical Services is an EEOC compliant employer and follows all applicable Federal and State employment laws. APSTechnicalServices Additional Jobs at www.AutomationTechnical.com