Tool and Die
Scott G Davis Pkwy, Woodstock, AL 35188
- The Tooling Technician is responsible for maintaining all tooling/molds at the facility.
- The ideal candidates must have tooling/toolmaking experience, as well as plastic injection molding experience is a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the inspection and repair of all tooling.
- Assist in managing the tool room ensuring molds are serviced and available to the correct timescales, quality set up specification and correctly labeled, operating to the planning requirements.
- Repairs to tooling as required utilizing in house and external resources.
- Ordering of spares and materials to maintain the service to production.
- Development of processes, including trailing of new molds, in conjunction with the Project Manager/Maintenance Manager/Technical department.
- Assist with managing the operation of the tool room department to service and repair tools and associated equipment, in line with production requirements.
- Liaise with production, technical, quality and maintenance to maintain equipment in good working order.
- Ensure that tooling is serviced and set up to the correct specification, available for production with all necessary equipment and fittings in line with planning requirements.
- Ensure date stamps etc are up to date.
- Ensure tools are labeled and stored in the correct location.
- Control of the spare parts and materials to maintain tooling etc. to the specified requirements.
- Ensure records and all documentation for compliance with TS 16949 are correctly completed & distributed.
- Participate in meetings as required to include daily production meeting, development meetings and carry out actions arising from these meetings.
- Assess condition of all tooling and progress repairs, using in house resources and subcontractors, highlight problems to management as necessary.
- Highlight tooling repairs which should be charged to customer.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5 years tool making experience, preferably in injection molding.
- Familiar with all tool making machinery including lathe, miller, surface grinder, welding, spark erosion.
- Familiar with hot runner systems, wiring, and controls.
- Knowledge in all mold making techniques.
- Good mechanical aptitude and basic math and computer skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Must be flexible; able to work extended hours and weekends on occasions when required
- Company offers an impressive benefits package including:
- Life & Disability
- PTO Time
- 401k including company match
- Other types of insurance Retirement benefits