Senior Signal Processing Engineer
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Automation Technical Services
Senior Signal Processing Engineer
Rapidly growing high-tech developer of products for government contracts located in the Mid South is looking to expand its development organization with the addition of a Senior Signal Processing Engineer.
The candidate will contribute to the research, development, and validation of algorithms in the areas of radar signal processing, target classification, and digital image processing and object recognition.
The position will lead or support various tasks and activities within a project and will organize, schedule, and task team activities in overall coordination with the Project Manager.
Additionally, the senior signal processing engineer may perform evaluations of various algorithms in prototyping environments such as Matlab before implementing final algorithms in languages such as C/C++ that are able to run on embedded hardware applications.
Consideration of constraints of available embedded computing resources of target systems must be given when evaluating and developing algorithms. The senior signal processing engineer would perform real-world field experimentation and evaluation of system performance, be able to analyze and interpret results, and make improvements to the implemented approaches. This may include overseeing or executing all levels of testing and validation events as well as oversight of the test and build process to ensure that developed/integrated software components function and interoperate as required within and between systems.
The position may also require technical presentations of algorithm development and results with customers in the areas of both radar signal processing and digital image processing.
Finally, the position requires ensuring technical documentation of algorithms and software/system operation is comprehensive and fully reflects the product.
Travel may be required in support of these activities.
Flexibility, a strong teamwork approach, and the desire to work in a fast-paced environment with existing and new product lines are necessary for success.
A willingness to learn new technologies is required.
The position will report to the VP of Engineering and work closely with Program Management and Engineering teams.
The company offers a competitive salary, fun work environment, fringe benefits, and an equity opportunity.
- United States Citizenship
- 4 year BS degree in Engineering. CS, EE, or CE are preferred (advanced degree MS/PhD is a plus)
- 5+ years of experience in signal processing algorithm development
- Proficient in programming: Matlab/Octave; C/C++
- Proficient with MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience porting Matlab algorithms to other languages (i.e. C/C++)
- Experience with SIMD algorithm development (CPU and/or GPU)
- Familiarity with Radar theory and Radar Signal Processing (Detection, Tracking, Angle of Arrival Estimation, etc.)
- Familiarity with classification algorithms and theory
- Familiarity with Digital Image Processing (Object Recognition)
- Experience developing algorithms for resource constrained embedded systems
- Experience in other programming languages (Python, Java)
Culture and Core Value Traits:
- Ability to work as part of a team while maintaining independent thinking
- Highly results driven and self-starter in addition to excellent communication skills
- Good at thinking outside the box and have an aptitude for innovation and problem solving
Compensation commensurate with experience. Remote work opportunities may be considered.