Outside Sales Representative
5400 Perimeter Pkwy Montgomery, AL 36116
Automation Technical Services
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for establishing and maintaining profitable relationships with customers on behalf of the company and for actively prospecting for new accounts and maximizing sales potential with existing customers.
As the Outside Sales Representative, you are the primary external representative; you must convey a sense of expertise in our merchandise, services and capabilities, as you serve as a key educator to our community and business accounts.
You are a member of the Sales and Marketing Team and together you are accountable for meeting the monthly, quarterly and annual profit and sales goals of the company. The sales and strategic marketing activities of our team will be designed to achieve these revenue goals. You and your team are responsible for supporting the company vision and mission:
• Guarantee satisfaction and value for our clients. Research new customer websites to identify potential products that they might purchase.
Because you will be in contact with current and prospective customers and you are in a key position to influence their satisfaction and our company prosperity, this position requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
General and Administrative
• The Outside Sales Representative reports directly to the President.
• A typical work schedule consists of Monday through Thursday in the field and Friday in the office.
• Complete Pre Sales Call Checklist in detail (After reviewing the customer account in ADV) to effectively plan every customer visit and maximize the sales call. Complete a Sales Call Report after each customer visit to capture important information about the customer’ s business. This critical tool is utilized to determine customer needs and properly follow up to resolve customer needs and issues.
• Follow systems and procedures outlined in the company manuals.
• Participate as a key team player by supporting operations as needed.
Sales & Marketing
• Identify prospects, customers, and referral sources and develop/maintain relationships to ensure attainment of company business goals. Support efforts to consistently grow the base of referral sources.
• Actively manage leads from external referral sources to qualify prospects and advance them through the sales process.
• Manage marketing data using applicable sales management systems or tools (e.g., ADV, Clientele book and time management systems) to maximize efficiency and analyze data/marketing activity on a weekly basis. Make recommendations for new products that could potentially be sold to our customers.
• Effectively present and discuss the products and services of the company, soliciting only those desired products/services provided by the company and its vendors, to current and prospective customers in a way that conveys an image of quality, integrity and superior understanding and delivery of customer needs. Ask probing questions to determine what services or products we should provide.
• Conduct on-site presentations and education that promote the image of client as a leader in distribution of materials testing, drilling, HDD equipment and supplies.
• Develop a plan that identifies prospects and customers, prioritizes them according to importance and ability to provide results.
• Develop annual marketing strategy in conjunction with the President, the inside sales team, and identify joint marketing opportunities where applicable.
• Investigate and resolve customer’ s problems
• Understand and comply with the sales system/program in place such as ADV, PSCC, PO’ s etc.
MUST BE ABLE to relate to companies and individuals that are involved in the heavy industry. Knowledge of construction and drilling environments is a big plus.
• High school diploma or GED is acceptable
• Experience in sales or customer service, and/or experience in concrete, asphalt, soils materials testing and/or drilling equipment and supplies.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and good math skills.
• Strong persuasive and interpersonal skills and a sales aptitude that inspires a “ selling” culture.
• Must possess a valid state motor vehicle operator’ s license.
• Variable work environment: Work is conducted both indoors and out with varying environmental conditions.
• Several hours per day may be spent operating a motor vehicle. Submit vehicle mileage log monthly.
• Appearance at all times must represent the company image while wearing company provided logo shirts. You will be required to adhere to OSHA safety standards and wear proper safety equipment when visiting job sites to include safety glasses, hard hat, vest and safety shoes.
• Office may have fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
• Occasional lifting of up to 60 lbs.
• Exposure to the environments of customer job sites.
• Fast-paced environment: subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity.
You must be available for overnight travel, weekend hours, luncheon demos and industry trade shows and functions such as ACI, CMEC, FGWA, ALDOT, GAGwP.
Sales, Fluids, Drilling
Automation Technical Services is an EEOC compliant employer and follows all applicable Federal and State employment laws. APSTechnicalServices Additional Jobs at www.AutomationTechnical.com