Electrical Design Engineer
105 Mountain Brook Drive Holly Springs, GA 30115
Electrical Design Engineer
About the Organization As the leading global supplier of instrumentation products, systems and technologies for antenna, component, radome and radar cross section measurements, delivers engineering solutions and advanced products for a wide range of technical applications where precise measurement, motion control and data acquisition is required.
We apply our expertise in microwave technologies, electromagnetic propagation and mechanical system design to provide test systems for aerospace, defense, satellite, wireless communications and transportation industries as well as research institutes. We also offer extensive in-house test and measurement facilities covering frequencies from 250 MHz to 110 GHz.
We are looking for smart, energetic, passionate candidates who excel in a high tech environment developing innovative solutions to solve our customer’ s needs.
EOE Statement We are a Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Category Engineering Description
The role of the electrical design engineer is to support existing electronic products used in system development and to develop new electronic products as required based on customer needs and requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specification, design, development, and documentation of:
- Cable assemblies that interface between motors and associated motion control systems
- Safety related functions, such as emergency-stop circuits and limit switches
- In-chassis wiring for motion control systems
- Working with a Mechanical Engineer to develop unit packaging
- Test and troubleshooting of all designs in support of manufacturing and system integration
This position may require occasional domestic and international travel.
- Expertise in designing and implementing robust cable assembly designs that are optimized for:
- impedance match, grounding integrity, minimization of crosstalk/EMI/RFI, efficient cable management, and design for manufacture
- Working knowledge of linear/switching power supplies, DC brushed/brushless motors, servo/stepper motors, slip rings, encoders and triggering architectures
- Ability to:
- Produce high quality technical drawings to support manufacturing
- Learn quickly, pay attention to detail, and work productively to solve a variety of problems will be necessary for success
- Manage one’ s own time to meet budgets and schedules as well as the interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively as part of a team
- Significant experience in developing a total end item product for the market
Must have the ability to obtain or have a U.S. Government security clearance.
- Experience in the areas of:
- electrical designs for high-reliability systems (e.g. military, automotive, telecom), RF system design, microwave measurement equipment architecture, PID control systems, analog/digital circuits, microwave components
- Experience using:
- 3D modelling tools (e.g. ProE, Solidworks, etc.), eDrawings, Visio, circuit simulation tools, Costpoint, Microsoft Office products