Director of Risk Management
Birmingham, AL 35243
Automation Personnel Services is looking for a Director of Risk Management to work in our Corporate Office in Birmingham, Alabama.
Be a part of our outstanding Leadership Team!
Established in 1990, Automation Personnel Services, Inc. Specializes in providing light industrial employees to a variety of customers such as warehousing, manufacturing, assembly and production lines.
Automation Personnel Services has 40 offices throughout the United States. Learn more about us at www.apstemps.com.
- Proven leader with an executive presence, polished and well developed written and oral communication skills. Must be familiar with Windows 10 and be proficient in Excel and Word.
- Extraordinary negotiation skills. Work with claims adjusters and outside legal counsel to minimize claim costs.
- Leads change and fosters collaboration. Must have a consultative service and sales attitude in working with a variety of branches and their client s businesses.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, organizational and financial management skills. Evaluate overall effectiveness of company risk management programs as compared to national and industry standards.
- Knowledge and experience with captive insurance management, risk management, insurance industry practices, and claims management.
- Apprise and consult with senior management regarding risk management activities, changes in loss reserves and trends, potential loss exposures, coverage concerns, and complex/high exposure claims;
- Understand and can explain complex insurance issues. Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers (senior and regional management, auditors, insurance brokers, insurance carriers, and branch clients)
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, react quickly, and handle highly charged situations. Ability to work independently, set goals, and achieve results.
- Plan, organize, administer and supervise all aspects of the Company s Workers Compensation Program, including, but not limited to claims processing/handling to ensure a timely and cost-effective resolution, legal representation management, settlement strategies, program-level loss control strategies, internal and external communication practices.
- Direct and manage the activities of captive insurance company and Third-Party Administrator.
- Communicate with physicians, attorneys, associates and management teams; develop and coordinate return-to-work/transitional duty plans.
- Identify, evaluate and assess probability and severity of losses; develop, implement, and monitor Company-wide cost containment strategies to prevent and minimize losses.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Risk Management or equivalent insurance work experience.
- 5 years of experience in operational risk management.
- 10 years of Workers Compensation claims experience
- Multi-state, employer-based claims management, and third-party administrator experience a plus
- Must be able to travel
- OSHA certification is a plus
Excellent Benefits package includes:
Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
Generous insurance package
401k with matching funds
For consideration, please submit an updated resume and cover letter to: JohnN@apstechnical.com
Automation Personnel Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Automation Technical Services is an EEOC compliant employer and follows all applicable Federal and State employment laws. APSTechnicalServices Additional Jobs at www.AutomationTechnical.com