Die Design Engineer
105 Mountain Brook Drive Holly Springs, GA 30115
Die Design Engineer
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for designing extrusion dies and gages for inspecting the parts. This position is responsible for all specifications of the design and follows up on the manufacturing including safety, environmental, quality and productivity in a cost-effective manner. Make final drawing in CAD to company standards. Also, responsible for pre-sale drawings and reviews, mill/master prints and secondary tooling.
Die Designer reports directly to the Die Design Supervisor.
This position has contact with outside die shops including the purchasing of material.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receives new die orders directly from Sales Department.
• Receives replacement die orders from Production Control Department.
• Provides extrusion technical support in die design. This position is also capable of identifying potential die problems and implementing solutions or die corrections. Supplies input and suggestions to assist in the development of a departmental strategic plan.
• Receives pre-sale quote request and customer prints from Sales Department.
• Education: High school graduate or equivalent training. Engineering degree a plus.
• Experience: One year of CAD/Drafting or one-year machine shop experience. SolidWorks experience preferred with knowledge of machine and tool capability. FEA analysis a plus.
• Communication Skills: Good oral and written communication skills are required.
• Mathematical Skills: Full understanding of basic mathematics (Algebra, Trigonometry) required.
• Reasoning Skills: Ability to interpret customer drawings, notes, tolerances and specifications.
• Certifications/Licenses: None required. SolidWorks certificate of training a plus.
• Physical Demands: The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.