1919 Rossville Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37408
Automation Technical Services
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Controls Engr/Project Manager opening to join our organization.
Day to Day role description
We are looking for an experienced controls engineer/project leader with a strong background in manufacturing operations, robotics automation, and project leadership. The candidate will design, purchase, and implement automation projects. In addition to helping coach project team-members through implementations.
As the Controls Engineer/Project Manager you will be accountable for:
- Improving the speed and implementation to our customer base.
- Ensuring that new manufacturing processes are flexible in design to accommodate long range new product cadence plans.
- Providing automation controls expertise and coaching to project teams as they solve problems.
- Working closely with each of the manufacturing operations and outside vendors to define, and or design electrical aspects of projects.
- Serving as a champion for workforce safety.
- Working closely with the customer-based engineering groups to ensure that fabrication equipment is in alignment with each unique standard.
- Delivering effective presentations and reporting on performance to the established key stakeholders.
- Employing strong leadership, objective setting, development, and appraising individual performance of your team members
- Staying abreast of new automation technologies.
- 2-5 years of robotics automation integration experience a plus (CAD design, programming, controls integration, vendor management, etc.). Engineer level a plus.
- Excellent project management and change management skills.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and teamwork skills.
- Project management planning execution skills.
- Must be willing to travel 25-35% of the time. 90% of travel local with 100-mile radius.
- Must be self-starter and be able to make quick decisions.
- Must have development knowledge of robotic platform, PLC Platform, HMI development, sensors, servo, and cabinet layouts.
- Must have a demonstrated history of success working in a matrix managed environment.
- Must have demonstrated success in translating technical concepts to commonly used business language.
- Must understand AutoCAD, Solidworks electrical, and MS Office.
- Must understand Control Logix, Siemens software.
Benefits: Competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, paid holidays and vacation.