Prototyping to Manufacturing Engineer
clearwater, FL 33764
Prototype 2 Manufacturing (P2M) Technical Liaison
The P2M technician is responsible for developing the manufacturing methods and specifications for taking a prototype to the manufacturing process. This phase of the product development will lay the ground for future manufacturing standards and designs. The process will be hands on testing and verifying the technical and functional performance of proposed manufacturing and assembly constraints with the objective of defining the design, manufacturing, testing and verification of the final product. The building, debug and maintenance of mechanical pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical components of automation machines and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, and objectives.
- Set up and conduct tests to ensure that manufacturing processes are developed to ensure the performance and durability of the final product has the highest quality.
- Analyzes indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives then modifies or adjusts design to meet specifications.
- Visually inspects components and assembly to ensure process quality
- Realigns and adjusts processes to ensure manufacturing viability.
- Practice good housekeeping and maintain a clean work area to minimize the risk of personal injury, equipment damage, or the manufacture of non-conforming product.
- Follow safety rules as outlined in the Associate Handbook.
- Proper use of materials and related safety equipment.
- Identify and communicate any unsafe equipment or working conditions.
- Work overtime and shift work as required.
- Work independently, if required with minimum supervision or as a team member.
- Promote a team environment with a positive attitude.
- Participate in quality system and continuous improvement requirements.
- Adhere to all Safety Procedures and Accountabilities.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Four years related manufacturing experience, automotive industry preferred.
- Understanding of manufacturing quality systems preferred.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Team Oriented Problem Solving 8-D Format Training desired.